Please read before purchasing the online Standards Manaual.
How does the digital licence work?
Unless you have purchased multiple licences, your username and password is valid for a single browser on one device per edition only, and cannot be shared with others. Attempts to share logins may result in your account being deleted.
- Be mindful that the computer, laptop or mobile device you first access the Manual from, is the registered device and will not be available on other devices.
- Cookies: Please ensure you allow cookies for the application. The facility you are using is cookie based, so when the user accesses the service it sets a cookie in that specific browser and decrements the count on the server. If the user tries to use another browser on the same device it will give the message about location, and likewise if they try from another device. If the user blocks cookies or clears their cookies then it will have the same effect and you may receive a message “Access Denied”. Please contact us immediately if this occurs to have concurrency reset.
- Your licence is valid for 365 days / 12 months.
A registration email will be issued with your username and password within 3-5 days from purchase date.
How does the digital licence work with dynamic IP addresses that change every session?
We can set that up for you. We will provide a username(s) to be used for the auto-login and you will need to provide the static IPAddress ranges assigned to your site, e.g. 123.456.*.*.
If you have any issues, please contact us.
Which email address will the registration be sent to?
Unless you advise us with of an alternate email address, the user name and email address will be that which is shown on the PayPal notification or Order form.
If you have any issues, please contact us.
Is the Standards Manual viewable on mobiles?
Unfortunately the pages do not automatically adjust to the smaller screen settings. Yes, it should be fine on a Tablet and it has been tested on Android and Iphone. It scrolls and displays OK although small on the phone, requiring the need to scroll to view the pages.
How much does a digital licence cost?
Please visit the Orders page which sets out the current pricing for the digital and hard copy versions of the manual
Can we register different email addresses for multiple licences?
Yes, you can when you order up to 5 licences. Please ensure you enter the recipient email addresses in the Notes section when ordering with PayPal, or email email@example.com.
Licences for more than 5 registrants will be issued to the email address indicated on the purchase order, unless otherwise advised.
How long does a digital licence last?
The licences are valid for 365 days / 12 months from registration date. After 12 months, access will expire and a new licence will be required for the current version of the T&RAA Standards Manual.
How many staff / students can log in at a time.
In a library situation, for example, the team would not be able to log in from their own laptops unless they had a licence for their own device (desktop, laptop or smartphone). One person at a time has access to it on a computer.
For multiple licences, let’s say you wanted to have access on 30 computers or laptops, when you place an order for 30 licences, you are issued with a username and password with a concurrency of 30, i.e. the document can be opened on 30 devices. You would have to administer who gets that licence or have someone set up access on the library computers. The system knows automatically how many concurrencies are used and each time, the IP address is registered. Once 30 IP addresses have been used, you would need to purchase further licences. Licence is valid for 12 months.
The same applies for a larger organization.
Do we qualify for an educational discount?
If ordering over 100 licences, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
"Access not allowed from this location"?
This could happen for a number of reasons.
The facility you are using is cookie based, so when the user accesses the service it sets a cookie in that specific browser and decrements the count on the server. If the user tries to use another browser on the same device it will give the message about location, and likewise if they try from another device. If the user blocks cookies or clears their cookies, then it will have the same effect and will need to have their concurrency reset.
Should you have any further problems with access, simply email us and we will take care of it.
If you experience any problems, please contact us for support.
I'm already registered but want to register for the latest version.
The online Tyre and Rim Standards Manual is available for 12 months from the user registration date.
The system cannot handle two separate registrations for the same email account.
- To upgrade to the latest version using the same email account, a new licence will need to be purchased and we will upgrade your account to the latest version for 12 months. New access details will be emailed.
- To continue using the existing version, in addition to the new version, a different email address will be required for user registration.
How do I use the online Standards Manual?
Please read the step-by-step instructions in the User Guide
Have a question?