Below are the definition of new tyre dimensions.
New Tyre Dimensions
Design/Measuring Rim Width
– “Design/Measuring Rim Width” is the specific rim width assigned to each tyre size designation to determine basic tyre dimensions.
Tyre Section Width
– The linear distance between the outsides of the sidewalls of an inflated tyre excluding elevations due to markings; decorations or protective bands or ribs, and excluding rim flange protectors.
Tyre Overall Width
– The linear distance between the outsides of the sidewalls of an inflated tyre including elevations due to markings, decorations or protective bands or ribs, but not including rim flange protectors.
Tyre Overall Diameter
– The diameter of an inflated tyre at the outermost surface of the tread.
Nominal Rim Diameter
– The nominal rim diameter is a size code figure for reference purposes only, as indicated on the tyre and rim size designations.
– A feature (e.g. a protruding circumferential rubber rib) incorporated into the lower sidewall area of the tyre which is intended to protect the rim from damage.
– The linear distance between the flanges of the rim.
Tyre Design Load
– “Tyre Design Load” is the base or reference load assigned to a tyre at a specific inflation pressure and service condition; other load-pressure relationships applicable to the tyre are based upon that base or reference load.