2021 Revisions to the Tyre and Rim Assn Standards Manual
The 2021 edition of the Standards Manual of Tyre & Rim Association of Australia will again this year, be available as a hard copy or a digital online version.
The Tyre & Rim Association of Australia Standards Manual is revised on an annual basis to include the advances of new technical data for tyres and rims so that the Manual reflects the latest worldwide standards for these products within the jurisdiction of the Association.
In the 2021 edition there are changes in the following sections:
- Passenger – additional sizes
- Radial Light Truck – additional sizes in the US Range including High Flotation LT & European Light Truck C Sizes
- Heavy Truck and Trailer Tyres – additional sizes & data
- Off-The-Road – additional sizes & data
- Agricultural – additional sizes and data in the Metric Drive wheel and Implement range as well as “IF” and “VF” sizes, especially in the cyclic field (CFO) and harvesting (CHO) operation ranges.
- Industrial – additional sizes & data
- Motorcycle – large range of additional Metric sizes now included & old code designation sizes transferred to Supplementary section.
For the fourth consecutive year, there is quite a proliferation of new tyre sizes, again especially in the ranges of Radial Light Truck and Radial Metric Agricultural tyres. The former has a large increase in the number of American Radial Metric Light Truck sizes, more in the High Flotation LT range and some additional European Light Truck C (Commercial) sizes included.
The Metric Radial Ply Agricultural tyre range has undergone a huge increase in the number of new sizes. As well as more “standard” Radial Ply Drive Wheel sizes there is a large increase in the high load “IF” (high flexion) and “VF” (very high flexion) sizes. Also for these IF and VF sizes data for their use in cyclic and harvest applications is included. The range of Metric Implement sizes increases as well.
The Motorcycle section has been completely revised with all old code designated ranges being transferred to the Supplementary Data Section, now only current Metric sizes showing in the Motorcycle Section. Some 68 new Metric sizes, both Diagonal and Radial Ply, are introduced
The new data is sourced from the Tire & Rim Association Inc in America and from the European Tyre & Rim Technical Organisation, both being the world’s premier technical bodies. This ensures that the Tyre and Rim Association’s Standards Manual remains comprehensive and updated.
The Standards Manual is the “bible” of the industry and is a valuable tool for all those involved with tyres and rims, whether from sales, design or technical disciplines, or regulatory bodies.
Please contact our office if you have any questions.